Christmas time at the Magic Kingdom! What can be more perfect than that? Mickey’s Very Merry Christmas Party took me completely by surprise with the amount of activities and experiences it provides! There is so much to do and see, that I found myself enjoying the event, without even going on a single ride or attraction. Here are my favorite top 5 experiences:
5. Mickey’s Once Upon A Christmas Parade
Mickey’s Very Merry Christmas Party’s special parade for the holiday. This is a really nice parade with all the fan favorite characters. I really liked that some of the characters make some smart and funny comments. The most impressive part for me was the marching toy soldiers!
4. Holiday Treats
New this year, you can visit Holiday Treat Locations throughout the park to enjoy a variety of complimentary cookies and drinks. Each location has a different combination. You can identify each location by the huge lighted candy stick outside the location:
- Hot Chocolate and Peppermint Bark Cookies were served at The Lunching Pad. To my surprise – these were awesome and the hot chocolate is great way to start your cookie and drink voyage!
- Eggnog and Ginger Molasses Cookies at Heritage House. The Eggnog was very tasty and the cookies were delicious!
- Two places were serving Sugar Cookies, but each with its own special drink. At Pete’s Silly SideShow it was with Apple Cider which I really liked and at The Fiar’s Nook with an impressive, refreshing Frozen inspired Snow Cone.
The cookies and drinks concept is really nice and original. They also provide healthy and allergy options upon request, but be sure to request them as early as possible as these quickly run out.
3. A Frozen Holiday Wish
A Frozen Holiday Wish is essentially the lighting ceremony of the Cinderella Castle, but done in a Frozen kinda way! This ceremony has a very cute story: Anna asks Elsa, who’s hesitated at first, to use her powers to transform and light the castle. Through the help of the audience, Olaf and Anna – Elsa gains back her confidence and finally let it go with special projection effects and more. Very impressive!
2. Mickey’s Most Merriest Celebration
This is the main show of the event, with an amazing number of characters and terrific performances and renditions of the best Christmas Songs. The show is just pure fun, energetic and just a joy to watch (and join in singing haha).
1. Holiday Wishes – Celebrate the Spirit or the Season
What can I say about Holiday Wishes? This is as close to real magic as you can get! I was lucky enough to be near the Walt Disney and Mickey Mouse statue and it was a very emotional moment as it looked like they were a part of the show. An unbelievable array of colorful fireworks, synchronized perfectly to Christmas music and songs with a dash of a special Disney humor. WOW
- Character greetings – at the event you can find some unique character photo opportunities. For example: the seven dwarfs, Jack Skellington dressed as Santa, Santa Claus (who is really friendly and managed to personally connect with me immediately), the princesses, but with the addition of the princes and more.
- VoicePlay – gave a terrific cappella concert.
Is it worth it?
The price for Mickey’s Very Merry Christmas ranges from to $86-$99 for adults and $81-$94 for children. I was very glad to discover how many diverse and fun experiences this event has to offer and that was without even taking into account the Magic Kingdom’s wonderful rides and attractions. The event starts at 7pm, but from what I understood you can access the park starting at 4pm. This was definitely worth it for me and you can count me in for next year as well!